How far will your rage take you? Kenshiro is a man driven by love and betrayal as you go through the violent world of Fist of the North Star, which in my opinion did a great fan services to anyone who followed the manga and anime. Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 will follow in the same line as the first game and keeping to the styles of Dynasty Warriors. There will be many waves of enemies and of course you will have to utilize each characters special martial art abilities to take down the opposition. I was skeptical at first, but using the Dynasty Warrior’s engine with certain series actually works better. This is a bloody manga to read and they keep it true to the series with the dramatic pressure point blows and crazy over the top cinematic attacks. Enjoy the preview below.
- Legend mode starts with a re-imagined version of ‘Raoh’ and covers ‘Celestial Emperor’ and ‘Land of Shura’. This way the game can be enjoyed by both existing fans of the manga and newcomers to Kenshiro’s post-apocalyptic world. Different characters will be controlled for each episode while ‘boss’ encounters will feature entire famous scenes from the manga.
- Over 20 playable characters will be available, including Juda, Rei, Shew, Shin, Thouzer, Jagi, Raoh, Toki, Fudo, Juza, Mamiya, Ryuga, Ein, Falco, Hyou, Kaioh, Shachi, and more.
- Dynamic new moves. The destructive power of the techniques of Hokuto Shinken and Nanto Seiken meet the intense action of the Warriors series to produce a thrilling experience. In addition to the signature moves of the first title, new actions such as ‘sprint’ and ‘dodge’ have been added to the move sets.
- Dream Mode introduces new, original storylines to the Fist of the North Star Universe while bridging the gaps between parts of the main story, often focusing on some of the series’ minor characters.
- Online Co-Op and Versus play. Four to eight players can use Dream Mode to enjoy online co-op or versus play.
In addition I just finished playing a long half an hour demo from the Japanese Sony store on the Ps3. There are some slight improvements to the fighting and characters, but it still is pretty much the same game. The reason I would keep playing is the simple fact of the gore and customizing of your fighter abilities. Full gameplay footage avaialbe below from my twitch.tv stream page, enjoy!
Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 has already been released in Japan and right now there is a release date for Europe and North America sometime in February, but for additional information; head on over to Facebook/Koeigames and their main page Kensrage.com. I hope you enjoyed this preview and be sure to check back for my full review when the game drops. Stay frosty gamers!