I ask you the reader which would you prefer? Do you want to have Freedom or do you want Power? I am Kuma and I did a note a while ago on this same thought. I believe people confuse the two, because we all have freedom to do as we please. The problem is others have power that negates our freedom. In the end what people really want is power, so they can freely do as they please. In that I am looking forward to what Assassin’s Creed III will bring showcasing the Revolutionary War, where people of power tried to dominate those they felt too weak to fight back. They didn’t anticipate Connor Kenway to enforce his own power that dominates any opposition. This is Connor’s land and an outside force steps into his territory and tries to lay down a law to take over? I don’t think so. This is the Assassin’s Creed I was waiting for, even though the others were pretty good. This version offers something close to home in American History and did something different in the aspect of a new kind of hero. As a Native American, Connor is pitted between two factions and you will get to learn more of his culture, as well as the fight against the red coats. The combat is far more brutal than the other titles, with a more guerrilla style of combat. In the end, do me a favor and ask yourself! Which do you really want out of life? Freedom or Power?
- A NEW MASTER ASSASSIN— As Connor, a Native American Assassin, use your predatory instincts to stalk your enemies and eviscerate them with a new arsenal of weapons including tomahawks, rope darts, firearms, and more.
- IGNITE THE FIRES OF REVOLUTION— From Lexington to Bunker Hill, become America’s first highly trained Master Assassin. Bear witness to the real conspiracy behind the American Revolution between the Assassin’s Order and the Templar menace alongside historical icons including George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and many more.
- EXPLORE A BRAVE NEW WORLD— Pursue your enemies through massive environments – from bustling city streets to blood-soaked battlefields and into the far reaches of the American frontier.
- STUNNING NEW ENGINE— Introducing Anvil Next, our new engine designed for Assassin’s Creed III. Revolutionary physics, animations, and weather systems deliver unprecedented realism, while a new combat system delivers more intense, gut-wrenching battles than ever before.
- INTENSE MULTIPLAYER— The acclaimed multiplayer system returns with a host of refinements, including all-new characters, maps and modes designed to deliver the most compelling Assassins multiplayer experience yet.
In another light, I am glad that the developers are taking a different step by ethnicity and gender of their assassin’s, especially in an American based game. If you are confused, that is okay because I am also talking about the PSVita version featuring Aveline de Grandpré, a female African-French assassin. I heard a few saying that the developers are taking a chance, but I don’t see it as such. I see it as developers thinking outside of the box and doing something different. As of now they are already winning me over by doing a re-imagining of history with the Creed series. On October 30th be prepared to use your power to let Freedom ring and be sure to check out the aStore on the top of this page to acquire your copy. I thank you all for stopping by and letting me share my thoughts on this new title and be sure to check back for my review when the game drops. Stay frosty gamers!