The ultimate ninja returns for current and next gen consoles in Strider which will be a direct download that will rock your home. The last time we were graced with this classic ninja was only in the Marvel vs. Capcom series, but thankfully Capcom has decided to beef up the graphics a bit, while keeping to the classic side scroll game-play that we all love. I believe the new generation of players will be fascinated with exploring the city and beyond, gaining new abilities, as well as new items that will help you through the massive and deadly metropolis of Kazakh City.
Quick Synopsis of the game:
“The year is Meio: 048, on an alternate dystopian future of Earth. The whole planet suffers under the oppressive rule of the mysterious Grand Master Meio. An expert in sabotage and assassination, Hiryu is the youngest ever recruit to attain a Special A-Class in the hellish Strider training program and is the only man capable of achieving the mission to eliminate Grand Master Meio.”
As Strider, you will be able to perform incredible acrobatics while slicing through your various enemies with your trusty blade the “Cypher”, a plasma charged weapon that can take on a number of properties. It comes down to taking advantage of your surroundings, especially using your climb sickle to utilize the environments for a tactical advantage on the high ground. If you end up in a bind, you can always surprise your opponents with kunai attacks or call in back up from your allies. It will be a tripped out adventure as you tackle all the abundance of rifles and futuristic boss fights that will have you on the edge of your seat.
- The ultimate ninja returns – Strider Hiryu, the original assassin that inspired many third person action titles returns in a completely new game for a new generation of gamers as he takes on the Grand Master Meio
- Lightning fast combat – Use an arsenal of moves and weapons against your enemies whilst slicing your way through a massive interconnected game world
- Plasma Cyphers – From scorching enemies to deflecting a host of bullets, the indestructible plasma charged cypher offers a range of action tactics for players to use against their foes
- Seamless Traversal – Jump, climb and run through the expansive game world with the speed and agility of a ninja whilst climbing surfaces to gain that extra height and engaging the enemy from virtually any direction
- Varied enemy design – From cybernetic soldiers to immense bio-mechanical creatures the enemy types in Strider guarantee engaging and unique combat challenges
- Call on your allies – Hiryu’s robot allies return, providing additional support and access to out of reach areas
I thank you all for joining us here on this preview of Strider, but please check back as more information develops, so you can stay in the know when this title releases in 2014. Stay frosty gamers!